Job opportunity: Bilingual Communications and Marketing Director
By MASC | February 17, 2022
Application Deadline: March 4, 2022
MASC is a dynamic, mid-sized charitable organization that (for over 31 years!) has brought professional creatives from diverse cultural backgrounds into schools and communities. We aim to deepen awareness and encourage understanding through our bilingual performances, workshops, and artists-in-residence programs.
The MASC Bilingual Communications and Marketing Director will be responsible for MASC’s communications strategies, which includes graphic design, multimedia promotions, management of mass marketing and social media. The position is supported by other staff and interns. This position combines our present part-time Graphic Designer position with marketing and communications responsibilities.
MASC is looking for an organized, creative and efficient person who believes in targeted, engaging communication. Someone who enjoys making a difference through the arts and working with a fun, dynamic team. This position requires enthusiasm, creativity, and initiative, a person who can work well in a team and on their own, often under pressure.
Position: Full time remote position, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year (computer provided)
Annual Salary: $47,000- $57,000 (commensurate with experience)
Benefits plan: life and long-term disability insurance available after 12 months
Vacation: 3 weeks total paid vacation (2 weeks typically taken over the winter holiday school break, 1 week during the year)
Sick days: 10 paid sick days
Start Date: June 13, 2022
As MASC values diversity in its workplace, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following equity-seeking groups: Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA, refugees, newcomers, seniors, and women+.
- Communications Strategy: Determine messaging and annual calendar
- Communications Materials: Design and write quarterly newsletters, Annual Report, Fundraising campaigns and other public communications.
- Marketing Strategy: Ensure the best and most effective marketing techniques are used to reach key audiences. Create annual strategy; manage a yearly marketing calendar.
- Marketing Materials: Design and write monthly e-flyers, event posters, brochures, and website imagery.
- Social Media: Increase MASC’s social media engagement that MASC team members will manage through dynamic, frequent and engaging presence across several platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Multimedia Promotions: Maintain up to date image database, slide show creations, video creation (often in partnership with external teams).
- CRM Management: The Communications and Marketing Director will analyze present tools (Filemaker Pro and MailChimp), and work with outside consultants to provide guidance as to how to streamline the system.
- Intern Management: Manage interns who will provide tangible support to this position.
- Public relations coordination: in partnership with the Community Program Director.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and French
- Proficiency with graphic design, photo editing software
- Post-secondary education in relevant discipline(s) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years of professional experience with a strong track record of leadership through a series of similar positions and/or freelance projects
- Experienced with WordPress and understanding of social media algorithms
- Proficiency with CRM tools/databases and solid digital media/software user skills
To apply, please send email@example.com Resumé and cover letter including samples of your design work, links to samples of your marketing writing and links or snapshots of social media posts